KA2 Capacity Building
RAINBOW contributed to reinforce the support provided by Universities to young women in planning their careers within and outside the University system. Thanks to the installation of RAINBOW centres and the implementation of capacity-building actions for counsellors, the project enhanced the capacity of Indian Universities to provide career counselling services to female students and alumni.
Main Aims of RAINBOW
Target Groups of RAINBOW
- To examine the influence of perceived career barriers and support young women’s career planning in the university system and outside.
- To design and implement applicable frameworks that intervene and counsel young women of both environments.
- To install the capacities (RAINBOW Centres) in the participating Indian universities to counsel young women in the designed framework.
- To Identify regulations and create awareness of best practices and models operating in EU HEIs for capacity building of young women in the university system and outside of it.
- To develop materials and training programmes for women associations and agencies working for young women in the unprivileged social stratum.
Main Outcomes of RAINBOW
- Women counsellors and women who have full time enrolment in Indian university education or are alumni of these universities
- Counsellors and associations / NGOs working on women empowerment and inclusion and their clients
- Development of the intervention and counselling Methodology
- Creation of career counselling and guidance centres
- Developing materials and conducting train-the-trainer programmes
- Providing and evaluating counselling services in India
- FH JOANNEUM University of Applied Sciences (Austria)
- University of Jyväskylä (Finland)
- INCOMA (Spain)
- Birla Institute of Management Technology (India)
- NIRMA University (India)
- Sir Padampat Singhania University (India)